I bring experience, skills, and knowledge of having worked directly in Webster Groves City Government for over three decades.
Why I'm Running
"I am seeking a seat on the City Council to help shape the future of this amazing community, focusing on fiscal responsibility, strategic housing options, the building permit process, staff retention and fostering an open, supportive work environment for City staff."
- Restore the City's long-term fiscal stability.
- Encourage appropriate development, update the City's develpment plan and support strategies for community input in future developments.
- Explore housing options such as Accessory Dwellings Units (ADUs) and affordable owner-occupied homes.
- Evaluate the building permit process. Establish a working group to determine if the process overburdens property owners with excessive costs and procedures; and discourages contractors from obtaining permits and working in the City.
- Retain experienced staff, and foster an open and supportive work environment.
I am a wife to Ed Beck, mom to Nathan Beck, dog mom to Sam, avid gardener, adventurous traveler, Koi enthusiast and a social pickleball player. Webster Groves has been our home since 1988, first living in a home on Atalanta Avenue, and now living in a Gray Avenue home. Our son, Nathan, attended Webster Groves schools. I am an independent thinker, good communicator, better listener and fiscally responsible.
City of Webster Groves
Department of Public Works
Oct. 1983 – July 2021
During my employment of nearly 38 years, I worked indirectly with five City Managers and directly with five Directors of Public Works. I have experienced and adapted to many positive changes. I had the privilege of assisting thousands of residents, contractors and businesses with trash, recycling and yard waste services information, sewer lateral repairs, street signs, pavement issues, and utility information. I advanced the City’s single-stream recycling efforts by writing grant proposals for service carts, multifamily recycling and recycling promotion. I established and managed the annual electronic recycling event.
Bachelor of Business Administration
Magna Cum Laude, Fontbonne University
Civic & Membership
Webster Groves Women's Garden Association
- Association Treasurer 2020-2021
- Group 23 President 2020-2021
Gateway Koi & Pond Club
- Founding Member
International Exchange Student Host
- Hosted three high school students (Japan, Germany & Argentina)
Professional Firefighters of Eastern Missouri IAFF Local 2665
Webster Groves Police Officers Association
Make a plan to vote
Election is on April 5, 2022
Visit Saint Louis County Board of Elections for information about voter registration and polling places.